Burbank Temporary Aid Center
Join us in supporting the Burbank Temporary Aid Center, BTAC, is dedicated to providing the poor, working poor, and homeless of the local community with basic services they need to live with dignity, and to serve citizens of the city in times of emergency and disaster. As a conduit between the generous donors of the community, foundations and government resources, BTAC works to provide clients with help such as food, utility assistance, transportation assistance, emergency shelter (off-site and short-term), medical assistance, referrals to other community resources, and holiday outreach.
On Sundays, please bring any of the following items to UUCVH which we will donate to BTAC for you.
- Individual serving packages of foods (like applesauce etc), milk & juice boxes
- macaroni & cheese
- peanut butter
- canned fruits and vegetables
- canned soups
- canned meats (chicken, tuna, etc.)
- rice, pasta
- instant potatoes
- pancake mixes, syrup
- personal hygiene supplies like toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodorant
- canned goods with easy-open pull-tabs are especially appreciated
- Please, no ramen noodles, or exotic, specialty-food items.
- BTAC does not accept clothing donations
In 1974, the Ministerial Association and the Burbank Coordinating Council recognized the need for a centralized source of services for the less fortunate in our community. The Burbank Temporary Aid Center (BTAC) was founded to address these needs. The Unitarian Universalist Church of the Verdugo Hills (UUCVH) and the former Burbank Unitarian Fellowship (BUF) have supported BTAC since its founding.
BTAC provides clients a variety of programs and services including:
- Groceries from BTAC’s Food Pantry
- Daily sack lunches for the homeless
- Monthly Senior Food Distribution program
- Assistance with utility bills
- Transportation assistance
- ID/License replacement program
- Limited medical assistance
- Limited emergency shelter, via a voucher program with cooperating businesses in the area
- Shower facilities for the homeless
- Laundry facilities for the homeless and other clients
- Holiday “Santa’s Room” gift program for needy children
BTAC is often given opportunities to provide additional services required by our clients, and seeks to identify resources to help meet those needs.