Become a Chalice Lighter!
A $20 donation three times a year funds grants to UU congregations in our PSWD and also benefits our own UUCVH Church.
What is Chalice Lighters?
The Chalice Lighters Program of the Pacific Southwest District (PSWD) exists to help fund the growth of congregations in our District. The program is designed to make grants to applicant congregations for:
- Facility improvements, such as buying land, building, rebuilding, furnishing or enlarging facilities.
- One-time professional Leadership expenses, such as the costs of hiring a Minister, Religious Educator, or Music Director.
These are improvements that significantly strengthen the scope of a congregations ministry.
To support and encourage the excellence and growth of Unitarian Universalism in the Pacific Southwest District by providing resources to new and existing congregations through the distribution of Chalice Lighter grant funds.
Who is eligible?
PSWD Congregations are eligible when they are:
- A member congregation of the Pacific Southwest District of the UU Association.
- A congregation that contributed its Fair Share to the UUA and to the PSWD for the previous two years, as published in their respective annual reports.
- A congregation in which 20% or more of its members are active subscribers to the Chalice Lighters Program (an active subscriber is one who has contributed to at least one Call in the previous year).
You Can Help!
Become a Chalice Lighter! The funds for these grants come from UUs like you: people who pledge to contribute $20 or more three times a year.